Are you aware that the Home Energy Renovation Opportunity (HERO) program can be used for a range of water conservation projects including artificial turf, drip irrigation, rotating sprinkler nozzles, weather based irrigation control systems and drought tolerant landscaping?
It’s true. However, there are a few things you should know.
For drought tolerant landscaping there are some requirements such as:
- Product installation area must replace existing live turf grass area.
- Requested finance amount may include costs related to the following scope of work items:
- Removal and disposal of existing turf grass material
- Site preparation for drought tolerant landscaping installation (i.e. grading, weed barrier installation, etc.)
- Installation of eligible drought tolerant landscaping options (i.e. decomposed granite, permeable pavers, gravel/rock, etc.)
- Installation or conversion to eligible irrigation options (i.e. drip irrigation, rotary sprinkler nozzles, etc.)
- Installation of live plants or other biodegradable plant material
- Removal of pre-existing hardscape areas (i.e. patios, driveways, pools, etc.)
- Installation of landscape water features (i.e. ponds, fountains, etc.)
- Installation of any other products/features not listed as eligible in specification number 2
For more information about HERO and water conservation, visit them on the web