What: Metrolink Maintenance Work and Service Interruption
Where: Sierra Ave. and Juniper Ave. grade crossings near Fontana Metrolink Station
When: Friday, August 11, 2017 at 9 p.m. until Monday, August 14, 2017 at 5 a.m.
Please be advised that Metrolink crews will be performing the following work at the Sierra Avenue and Juniper Avenue grade crossings:
- Removal of existing grade crossing system
- Installation of new grade crossing system
During the weekend work, there will be the following impacts:
- Noise from heavy machinery and from equipment backup alarms
- Light from generators will be used for night time activities
- Traffic detours at Sierra Avenue and Juniper Avenue between Orange Way and Ceres Avenue. Use Citrus Avenue and Mango Avenue via East Foothill Boulevard and Merrill Avenue.
Access to the Fontana Metrolink Station parking lot will be maintained via Orange Way during work hours.
The maintenance work will also result in fewer trains operating on the San Bernardino Line. Scheduled service for all San Bernardino Line trains on Saturday, Aug. 12, will be adjusted to our Sunday service schedule. Bus service will be used to transport riders between the Rancho Cucamonga Station and the San Bernardino Station on both Saturday and Sunday.
Metrolink’s first priority is safety. All construction dates and times are subject to change due to weather and unforeseen conditions. There may be additional clean-up work after the project is complete.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND COOPERATION; THIS IMPORTANT SAFETY PROJECT WILL BENEFIT YOUR COMMUNITY