Thank you for engaging with the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) and the San Bernardino Council of Governments (SBCOG). SBCTA and SBCOG participate in various kinds of social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WordPress and YouTube. The purpose of official SBCTA and SBCOG social media pages is to serve as a mechanism of communication between our agency and members of the public with regards to project updates and community-based outreach supporting the region we serve.
This Policy applies to all social media and web-based engagement. We believe all positions, positive or negative, related to SANBAG activities should have a voice in the process; however, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner.
Therefore, the SBCTA and the SBCOG reserve the right to monitor, filter, and remove content that the SBCTA social media team deems inappropriate; including but not limited to:
- Comments which contain offensive terms that target protected classes
- Comments which contain hate speech:
- Profane, obscene, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or discriminatory content
- Sexual content (implied or otherwise);
- Defamation to a person or people – including content that promotes, fosters, or perpetrates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or other protected class;
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments that are off-topic;
- Commercial solicitations;
- Content that violates ownership rights or infringes on the copyrights of any other party
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Content known to be factually inaccurate;
- Spam content, such as the same comment posted repeatedly or links posted with no associated type-written commentary;
- Incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
- Contains information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety
- Contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
- Repeated, nonconstructive negative comments;
- Comments about SBCTA employees (such comments will be forwarded to the appropriate staff for processing according to established protocols for verification);
- Advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual.
- Other content not specifically listed that the SBCTA social media team deems inappropriate; or
- Links to any of the above.
By engaging with official SBCTA social media pages, users agree to abide by the terms of this commenting policy and give express permission to SBCTA to monitor, filter, or remove content in violation of this policy. By engaging with official SBCTA social media pages, user also understands that SBCTA reserves the right to block or ban users from our social media pages for repeated violations of this policy.
Should it be determined that a blocked user has created a profile for the purpose of circumventing the commenting policy or that a user is not who they are portraying themselves to be, that user will be blocked or banned from our social media pages.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. Your comments are welcome at any time and we intend to review and post replies as timely as possible during SBCTA business hours, and when otherwise necessary. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech until we have had a chance to review and/or remove content as deemed necessary.
Thank you for taking the time to read this commenting policy. We encourage your participation in our discussion and look forward to an active exchange of ideas.
If you have questions about this commenting policy or how it is applied, please contact us.
For media inquiries, please contact the SBCTA Newsroom email directly.